Training Courses and Workshops
A very important basis for an optimal use of rainfall data is the basic knowledge about rainfall and its measurement. We pass this knowledge on through:
advanced training and education of staff working at public authorities, universities and engineering firms to support them in their professional practice while using rainfall data and their critical examination.
workshops under participation of external, if applicable international experts.
SCOUT training courses.
HydroNET-SCOUT training courses.
Workshop 14.06.2018 in Lübeck organized by hydro & meteo: Wunsch-Workshop – Starkregenvorsorge / DWD Open Data.
- Relevant and free data of the German Weather Service
- Presentation of precipitation forecasts and other precipitation data with different tools
- What are barriers for heavy rain management in the community? – Discussion round
- Heavy rain warning for fire brigades and others – What is possible?
- Flood Pass: Inform, Prevent, Protect
- Flood portal Wuppertal
- Heavy rain: what communities can do better, what can the country do better? – Dialogue
Together with MUT (Mahanakorn University of Technology) hydro & meteo established in 2016 a radar composite for the Royal Rainmaking Department and conducted a training course for HAII (Hydro and Agro Informatics Institute). Data are processed and displayed in real time on a locally installed server and transmitted to the end user. HAII is warned when heavy rainfall occurs.