Who we are
The hydro & meteo GmbH&Co.KG was founded in July 2007 through the transformation of the former einfalt & hydrotec GbR, which existed since 1999. Our staff consists of Dr. Thomas Einfalt (director), Claudia Fennig, Inga Frerk, Alrun Tessendorf, Markus Jessen and Guido Lempio. Please click here for more details on the company structure.
The mission of our company is the development of innovative solutions for hydrology and meteorology, i.e. all weather influenced economic sectors, by a well-targeted usage of mathematical methods and computer science tools. At present, the activities of hydro & meteo GmbH&Co.KG can be found in the following sectors of hydrological and meteorological consulting and assistance, training, seminars and technical translations:
- Evaluation and processing of rainfall measurement data for hydrological applications
- Analysis of extreme events for damage assessment
- Analysis of long term series of data, e.g. for design purposes or climate studies
- Development of specific software for the analysis of rainfall measurements
- Analysis of the quality of radar measurements for use in rainfall-runoff models
- Online rainfall forecasts based on radar measurements, rain gauge measurements and additional data
- Development and operation of warning systems for extreme rainfall, flooding or WWTP control, also in cooperation with other organisations
- Design of control strategies for combined sewer retention basins and for flood detention basins
- Proof of effectiveness of real-time control rules in urban drainage and for flood protection
- Work on standards for precipitation measurements
- Advisor to several water authorities on the use of rainfall data
Our flyer gives a good overview of these fields of activity.